Barr Primary and Early Years Centre

Hello from the Head Teacher

As Head Teacher of Barr Primary and Early Years Class I am delighted to welcome you to our website.

At Barr we endeavour to do everything we can to support all of our pupils to achieve their full potential. We have created a welcoming ethos where pupils, staff and parents feel valued and proud of their school. I believe that Barr Primary School and Early Years Centre offers all of its children an excellent education which encourages challenge, creativity and ambition. Children are encouraged to build their self-confidence, to develop self-reliance, to take risks without fear of failure and to make informed decisions about their own learning.

We offer a child-centred education and work closely with parents, partners and our local community to deliver the very best for our children. There are many, regular, opportunities for parents to share in their child’s learning and we operate an open door policy in school. Enjoy browsing through our website and please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments.

Paula Murphy
Head Teacher