Welcome to St. David’s Primary School

Welcome to the website of St. David’s Primary School

The school day at St. David’s Primary School:

The school day begins at 9am

Interval is from 10:40am – 10:55am

Lunch is from 12:35pm – 1.20pm

The school day ends at  3:00pm

We have a breakfast club which runs free of charge from 8.15am. Children are supervised inside until 8.45am. At this point, children exit the dining hall to the playground, where there is an adult presence. On wet days, children will remain in the dining hall until 9.00am. All pupils are welcome to drop in where they will be provided with a healthy selection of breakfast foods. A sports coach is available from 8.30-9.00am and you can register for this at https://rl-stdavids.class4kids.co.uk/

We begin each day with a Family Start. From 9.00-9:05am, parents and carers are invited into the school building via the pupil entrance. During this time, parents and carers have the opportunity to assist children in getting ready for the school day and choosing lunch options, as well as the opportunity to speak with the Class Teacher if required.

We also end the day with a Family Finish, where the doors at the pupil entrance are open from 2:55pm. Again, this gives our parents the opportunity to speak with the class teacher if required and assist their child in getting ready to go home.

You will find a copy of our school handbook and policies on the information page. We aim to help parents be involved in their children’s school life by uploading pictures and stories from our events and assemblies.

Here at St David’s we believe that our community knows our school best so here is what they think:

Pupils:

At St David’s we have loads of interesting work, lots of trips out and helpful, caring staff. I love how they help everyone to keep fit.  (Jack S P7)

My favourite thing about St David’s is that we have the best teachers in the world! (Julia A P4)

The teachers and kids are really talented and never give up, no matter the care, mystery or problem. We stay humble and Dream, Believe, Achieve! (Promise P6)

I love our school because everyone in it is so kind. We treat each other like family and everyone is always nice. I always tell my friends and family about how good it is here  – we always have lots of fun. (Yaya P7)

My favourite thing about St David’s is maths and going to church. (Jack C P4)

My favourite thing about St David’s is how everybody in the school is friends. (Rebecca P2)

My favourite thing about St David’s is that everyone is friendly and I have a lot of friends. (Hannah P2

Families:

I like the wide range of activities and outings that the school offers.

I think the best thing about the school is the strong team and the caring and nurturing ethos the school provides.

I think that it is a well run school. There is only a small amount of pupils which means the kids all know each other well. Good communication between school and parents.

Approachable and friendly staff – very supportive to my children. But most importantly, the religious aspect of the school is what I like the most as children grow strong in their faith.

I think the size of the classes is brilliant. The amount of time the teachers have to get to know each individual child and for one to one learning is fantastic.

I think the best thing about St David’s is the relationship between the staff, pupils and parents. St David’s has a great community feel and think the Family Finish has helped to develop this further.

Note From the Head Teacher

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our website. St. David’s Primary is a Catholic school which serves the community of West Johnstone. We are based in the West Johnstone Shared campus which we share with Cochrane Castle Primary School, West Johnstone Pre-5 Centre and also Adult Literacies and Learning Services. Currently we have a school roll of 83 pupils.

St David’s Primary School is an ambitious learning community which is inclusive of all of our partners, primarily pupils, parents and staff. Our child-centred approach ensures that each child aspires to success, plays an active part in their own learning and that their views are sought and valued.  Excellence is the standard we aim for in everything we undertake. To achieve this, all who identify with our school community have a part to play in contributing to our overall success. St David’s is committed to raising expectations, attainment and achievement by delivering  a curriculum that is creative, challenges pupils and develops transferable skills.  In so doing, we instil confidence, motivation and enthusiasm for lifelong learning.

Please do not hesitate to contact the school at any time in order that we share fully in the education, progress and well being of your child. We appreciate that much can be achieved when close partnerships are forged between home and school. Our email address is: st davidsenquiries@renfrewshire.gov.uk

We look forward to working with you and your children to ensure that they are happy, safe and secure during their education at St. David’s Primary School.

Linda Berry

Head Teacher