Homework, Reading Books and SumDog

Homework | The Forest High School

Please keep an eye on the main blog for whole school homework set by Miss Ferguson!

In addition to the whole school homework, in Primary 1 children will have an extra pack sent home with sounds and words.  Things are a little bit different in terms of what P1 children could revise at home, as they are learning the fundamentals of reading and writing and need hands on resources to help them learn at home and at school.
Therefore, today I have sent home a homework wallet with your child which should stay at home.  It is yours to keep and should not be returned to school, due to current restrictions and guidelines.  Check the class blog weekly for sounds and words which are the focus for that week.
The sounds and words below are the one’s we have already covered in class. Please find them in your wallet (that you got today) and practise them at home whenever you can.
Sounds
s    a    t    p    i    n
Common Words
at    in    the    it    I
Have a listen to the Jolly Phonics songs and actions below. We use these in class to help us remember our sounds:

Reading Books:
Unfortunately, due to guidelines, I am unable to send reading books home at the moment. Instead,  we are using ‘Bug Club’ in class which can also be accessed online at home.

I have allocated a shared text for your child which we have read in class together.  It is called ‘I am a Line’.
Please read the book as often as you like and see if your child can spot the rhyming words.  I will continue to allocate texts weekly which you can share with your child at home, until the children are ready for their own reading books, which will again be allocated online, via bug club.
After we read the shared text ‘I am a Line’ in class we drew our own pictures starting with a line.  Have a look at our lovely art work based on the book…

To access Bug Club please use your active learn login which you were given today on a card.   You can also access allocated games on active learn maths, once home tasks are allocated.
Click here to access: Bug Club and Active Learn Maths
Sumdog (@sumdog) | TwitterAlong with their Bug Club login, I also gave the children their Sumdog login details. Sumdog is a fantastic website which allows children to practise their maths skills through different games, which then become tailored to their ability following the answers they provide.
Click here to access:  SumDog
I know this is a lot of information at once, and that at the moment things are a bit different for all of us trying to get used to new ways of working.  If you have any questions or any problems at all with accessing these sites or logging in with the details given, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will sort it out for you.
Thanks for your support and happy homeworking!
Pamela Donald.

One thought on “Homework, Reading Books and SumDog”