Literacy Tuesday 28th April

Literacy – Writing Tuesday

I can write a story about a picture.

Warm up:

• Practise you letter formation with Sky Writer:

http://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/skyWriter/index.html

• Have a look at the sentences below.  Mr Messy has written them all in the wrong order.  Can you unscramble them and read them out in the correct order.  Remember to use your karate move action to show where the full stop would be when you are reading the sentence.

Main Task:

• Look at the picture below and talk about it with someone at home.  This photograph was taken by Miss Murray on her family farm where she is staying at the moment.  Hundreds of lambs are being born at the moment – I think the current total is 800!  This is a picture of a mother with her three lambs – She had triplets!  The breed is ‘Scottish Blackface’ and the females in this breed have horns.
  •   Have a look at the P1/2 blog for the 26th April to read the full story about the lambs from Miss Murray and see more pictures.

Spring Lambs

• Write about the picture using sentences.   Remember capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.

Teacher's Pet - Writing Checklist - FREE Classroom Display ...

Ideas to write about:

Describe the lambs
What are they doing?
What is the weather like?
How do you think they are feeling? What do you think the mother is thinking/ feeling?

Where are they? What can you see?

Challenge:

• Can you read your story to someone at home?

Story Writing Game:

• Use this fun spinner game to create a story starter for you to create a story.
http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/story-starters/
This is the writing idea I got when I pulled the lever to spin the dials:

This is my attempt at writing a one sentence postcard to a wet squirrel who rides elephants:

Hi Mr Squirrel, 

Wish you were here because there are lots of swimming pools and lots of elephants.

See you soon. x