St. Patrick's Primary, New Stevenston

Monday 15th June 2020

Morning boys and girls!

I hope you are all well.

I have uploaded this week’s tasks below. I will add some extra tasks on Wednesday. Don’t forget to go on Sumdog for the daily competition.

The first thing I want you to do is to log on to Teams and say hello by commenting. Get an an adult to help you if you are not sure. When commenting on tasks – remember to do this on Teams and to check in on Teams throughout the week.

As we have had a lot of rain recently, I thought we could continue our look at the world around us and focus on the weather! Why not try creating your own rain gauge and then complete the following activity – rainfall activity sheet. I’m looking forward to seeing your results – if we have more rain! Don’t forget about our task from last week on Teams – I asked you to find out about plants and water.

Here are a selection of activities to choose from and remember you can choose your own level of difficulty.

I thought this week you could try writing a Newspaper report. Download this powerpoint presentation – Newspaper Writing Tips and then use this report planning template to help you.

Remember to watch Newsround and then try one of the tasks and post it on Teams.

This week, we are going to use some different resources to focus on addition, subtraction and multiplication.

The multiplication tasks you can choose from are listed below. I want you to use the Times Tables Videos to practise and this week focus on the 7 times table. You can also try the following activity – multiplication with 2d shapes.

You may remember I planned to use the fortune tellers, you can download them below.

I think you will also enjoy this Mathopoly game – to play this download the following resources – 2xA4 BoardChallenge CardsChance Cards,  Score Board and Certificate.

Why not revise some of our other topics:

Keep practising your addition and subtraction skills, I have also attached some word problems this week, remember to choose your own level of difficulty. Choose some of the examples and practise your mental maths strategies and use your cards to help you (I have attached them below for anyone who can’t find their cards).

Take time each day for quiet prayer and try to say the Angelus. Remember in addition to the above tasks, you can also use Sumdog, Studyladder, Teach your Monster to Read, Expresso, P4 BBC Bitesize lessons and P5 BBC Bitesize lessons.

Hope you have a good week and keep in touch on Teams!

Miss Mulvaney 🙂