“Mathematics and Numeracy are important in our everyday life, allowing us to make sense of the world around us and to manage our lives. Using mathematics enables us to model real – life situations and make connections and informed predictions. It equips us with the skills we need to interpret and analyse information, simplify and solve problems, assess risk and make informed decisions.”
GENERAL AIMS of the MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT:
These aims relate directly to the aims of St. Maurice’s High School.
Fundamental to the aims of the school being achieved is a realisation that learning and development of a pupil is dependent on a successful partnership between parents, teachers and pupils.
- To contribute to the personal development and overall education of all pupils.
- To encourage, maintain and stimulate pupils’ interest and enjoyment of Mathematics.
- To enable pupils to develop Mathematical skills supported by a toolkit of concepts, facts,techniques and vocabulary.
- To help pupils develop to the limit of their capability the Mathematical skills and understanding required for their present needs, both in and out of school, and to prepare for the future demands of adult life.
- To foster an appreciation of Mathematics and an awareness of its importance in society and the development of technology.
S4/5 N5 Applications
National 5 S4/5 N5 Maths
Higher S5/6 Higher