Science includes experiences and outcomes in biological, chemical, physical and environmental contexts.
The most important goal for science education is to stimulate, nurture and sustain the curiosity, wonder and questioning of children and young people.
Learning through the sciences enables children and young people to:
- investigate their environment by observing, exploring, investigating and recording
- demonstrate a secure understanding of the big ideas and concepts of science
- make sense of evidence collected and presented in a scientific manner
- recognise the impact science makes on their lives, on the lives of others, on the environment and on culture
- express opinions and make decisions on social, moral, ethical, economic and environmental issues informed by their knowledge and understanding of science
- establish the foundation where appropriate, for more advanced learning and future careers in the sciences and technologies.