At St. John Paul II Nursery Class, we aim to provide the highest standard of care for all children and their families, ensuring that our children are learning within a safe and happy environment. We aim to meet each child’s individual needs, promoting their independence and development. We encourage positive relationships between our staff, children, parents and the wider community.
We aspire to achieve our aims by:
- Delivering valuable teaching and learning experiences for our children, offering a broad, balanced curriculum with a range of indoor and outdoor experiences
- Ensuring our learning environment is secure and supervised by staff who are focussed and enthusiastic about our learner’s needs
- Providing opportunities for children to demonstrate and build upon their independence and make their own choices and decisions
- Supporting children to become Successful Learners, Confident Individuals, Effective Contributors and Responsible Citizens by following guidance set out in Curriculum for Excellence (CfE)
- Fostering positive links between parents, our community and other agencies
- Recognising and celebrating children’s achievements both within and beyond our nursery setting