Homework plays an important part in the life of the young learner and should reflect the curriculum and learning styles of the class. Homework helps pupils to:
- Learn how to organise and manage their time;
- Take more responsibility for their own learning;
- Practise and build on what they have learned at school;
- Develop confidence to deal with frustrations, overcome difficulties and solve problems;
- Learn and work independently in the future.
From Primary 1, all pupils are given a Homework Diary as a way of communicating with home and for pupils to plan our their tasks for the week. We are currently developing a new format for the Homework Diary, turning it into more of a learning log. This will allow parents and carers more of an opportunity to know what is being taught and learned on a daily basis.
Pupils will be issued with homework which is relevant to them. The amount will vary from stage to stage and the time spent on homework will increase as your child progresses through primary school.