St Bartholomews

Week beginning 14th January

This very talented pupil arrived in my office, super excited about her achievements in dance. Very well done from all of your friends at St Bartholomew’s.

This week sees the start of enrolments for Primary 1 in August. Please note that this will take place between 9.30 am and 11.30am and then between 2pm and 3pm. We look forward to welcoming you to the St Bart’s family. Please bring along your child’s birth certificate and proof of address( council tax bill) alon* with a baptismal certificate, if appropriate. We will keep you informed about transistion meetings, nearer the time.

Our netball team are very excited to take part in a local tournament on Monday. Mrs Dolan will escort the children. Best of luck! We look forward to hearing about how you get on. Clare from the NHS dental team willl be visiting us today. Thank you again for all of your help and support with keeping oral health a priority.

On Tuesday , our Primary 1 and Primary 7 children will be assessed by the community dental team. This is a great support and much appreciated by all. Our Education Psychologist will be visiting our school today to support some of our pupils and discuss future plans with myself.

On Wednesday, I will be attending a locality Primary Head Teacher’s meeting at the  Glow Centre in Motherwell . This is a great opportunity to meet with colleagues and hear about the lates5 initiatives from NLC. I will keep you up to date with improvements. Primary 3 will be taking part in a new outdoor learning initiative that enhances literacy through the use of the outdoors. I am looking forward to following the children’s progress. A few of our teachers will be attending Low Intensity Anxiety Management (LIAM) training today. This will allow for some of our pupils to access specific support when it is required.  The Netball after school club will take place today. As always, please provide appropriate kits and bottles of water. Thank you.

On Thursday, the ‘Fun Games’ after school club will take place. Again, please ensure your child has appropriate kit and a bottle of water to support this activity.

Mrs Bolland