St Bartholomews

Monday 20th August

A huge thank you to all of our parents and carers for ensuring the incredibly smart appearance of all of our boys and girls. The children have received many positive comments about how smart they look and it is clear to see that they have great pride in their appearance. We were discussing this matter at assembly on Friday and talked about ‘look smart, think smart’, which I think is very appropriate. I look forward to the children’s continued smart appearance.

An additional thank you to all of our parents and carers who have adhered to our new rules regarding the playground. As you know, it is very important that the children are allowed some time to prepare themselves for the day ahead, prior to, oand during lining up at the bell. It is very much appreciated that parents are supporting this and gathering behind the pencils or the low wall in order to allow their children to become independent. It is already making a real difference!

On Thursday and Friday last week whilst I was in and around classes, it was clear to me that the vast majority of our children are delighted to back at school. I am sure that many parents and carers will agree with this as 6 weeks can be a long time without the routine of school and daily interaction with friends. All of the St Bartholomew’s team are delighted to see the children back after the holidays and look forward to working with your children for this next session.

Friday is the feast of St Bartholomew. In order to mark this very important day for our faith community, all of our pupils and staff will attend mass at St Bartholomew’s church for 10am mass. We would love it if you could join us for mass on Friday morning as it would be a lovely opportunity for our entire faith community to gather at the beginning of a new school year. We look forward to seeing you there!

Mrs Bolland