Mrs Wilson Weekly Update Week Beginning 1.6.20

This is the seventh of our weekly posts I am going to put out on the Monday of each week of term time to keep us all connected and let you know what I have been up to. This time it is a really early and only a short post as  I need to be in school early to get ready for all  of our boys and girls coming back to school in August !!!

The teachers will be coming in from next week to get the classrooms ready but Mr Crielly has already been busy with his 2 metre measuring stick to make sure the desks are a safe distance apart.

He has been doing a great job don’t you think ?

Mrs Le Blond , Miss Gallagher and I are going to be working on all the safety protocols and risk assessments for the building and how we use it safely this week. We need to get this important job done correctly before even the teachers are allowed back in the building and they are quite good at social distancing !

I will be in touch with you as soon as I know any more detail about how the school day will look in August – it will be different with not everyone in the building at one time and children doing some of their learning at home  but please don’t worry as we have already ordered in lots of individual resources and big A3 plastic wallets where all your school resources will be kept to ensure there is no sharing. Don’t worry about uniform either, the important thing is that we will be able to welcome you back to Holy Family and not what you are wearing when you do that.

I need to go and get ready now to drive into school so I will leave you with one family photo from my weekend. I know lots of you will have been able to see family and friends for the first time in your gardens or an open space this weekend and how wonderful that must have been after such a long wait.

My mum and dad came to our garden and even though they had to bring their own box of diet coke and couldn’t come inside our house to use the bathroom it was still one of the best visits they have ever had.

Take care of each other, be kind and gentle with one another and most importantly keep washing your hands and practising your social distancing so you are REALLY good at it by the time we get back to school in August.

Mrs Wilson and All The Team in Holy Family.

One thought on “Mrs Wilson Weekly Update Week Beginning 1.6.20”

1. What a lovely update. We managed to catch up with some family out in the garden yesterday too for Grace’s birthday.
    The classes look so strange with the desks so far apart but well done and we look forward to seeing everyone in August.