Primary 6/7a

Primary 6/7a are still working very hard and enjoying all of our class lessons. We are still working on our Victorians topic and have learned a lot about children during that time. I don’t think they would trade places anytime soon considering some of the jobs they had to do. We have investigated the life of Queen Victoria and of Beatrix Potter, we are looking forward to researching more famous individuals from this era.

In Maths we have moved on to learning about decimals. We are trying very hard to understand this new concept and any help at home would be greatly appreciated. Also if you could encourage the children to be on sumdog as often as possible, to help them further improve their Mathematics skills.

We are still reading the Eleventh Orphan and working on our knowledge of the comprehension strategies. Some of us have recently started reading The Worst Witch and have enjoyed what we have read so far.

We are looking forward to the rest of October!!

23 thoughts on “Primary 6/7a”

1. My favourite part of the month was decimals and our biography about Beatrix potter. We are now on chapter 18 of the Eleventh orphan and for maths we are rounding decimals.

2. I really liked our biography on Beatrix Potter and I like our book called The Eleventh Orphan I also enjoy decimals in class.

3. My favorite part of the month was doing the biography about Beatrix Potter and some other things. I am looking forward to the rest of the year in primary 6/7A.