St Bernadette's

Tuesday 11th June

This week we are enjoying another busy week  in St Bernadette’s.   Last night I was very proud to accompany our P7 pupils to a Mass in Our Lady’s High School as part of the transition programme.  Once again the children were a credit to themselves the school and their families.  Today and tomorrow the P7 pupils are attending OLHS for a two day visit – I must say the school is very quiet without them!  On Wednesday 19th June we will have our own Leavers’ Mass at 7.30pm (please note the change of time)  This will be a great opportunity to celebrate the many achievements and successes of our P7 pupils and to wish them well for their future.  As my first P7 in St Bernadette’s I have really enjoyed and appreciated working with them throughout the year and I will certainly have fond memories of them when they move on.

On Thursday we are looking forward to our annual music and drama assembly. We have children performing in the choir, music groups and poetry.  Please come along to the school at 9.30am and I’m sure you will really enjoy the performances.  P1 performed their assembly on Friday about Life Long Ago – they were fantastic!  It was great to hear the children deliver their lines and sing out so confidently.  We certainly have a bright future in St Bernadette’s!

Next week we are hoping for the good weather to continue as we prepare for our Summer Outings.  Mrs Moran has been planning lots of fun science activities for the beach!  Let’s hope we need sun hats rather than rain jackets.

A reminder for the parents of our P6 that all Kilbowie money has to be paid by next week to allow it to be banked prior to the end of term.

Please also remember the PTA are hosting an end of term disco on Monday 24th June at 6pm for P1-3 and our new Primary Ones for August, and 7.15-8.15 for P4-7.  The cost is £2 which includes a drink, a snack and a tattoo!!  I hope we have a great turnout to end the year with some disco fun!

On Tuesday 25th June we will host our annual sports day – we are hoping for some dry weather to ensure we all have a great day.

We are hoping to have a good write up in the Wishaw Press tomorrow related to our inspection report.  I have attached the photos below that were taken for the occasion as well as some photos from First Holy Communion,  our Tinto climb and the Shotts Highland Games Team.  I am sure you will agree that they show just how wonderful our children and staff are!