Meals are prepared in keeping with North Lanarkshire Council’s policy of healthy eating and served on the premises. We share the dining area with Clydeview. A varied menu is offered by the Dining Staff.
Diets required as a result of a medical condition (a medically prescribed diet e.g. coeliac disease, diabetes, food allergy or intolerance) can be provided in school. A medically prescribed diet form must be completed by the child’s Registered Dietician or General Practitioner. Procedures and forms can be accessed via the child’s school or dietician, or from North Lanarkshire’s Catering service.
Occasionally, parents/carers may be asked to supply prescription foods or attend a meeting to discuss the child’s dietary requirements.
Some children with additional support needs may require food to be adapted to an appropriate texture and consistency. In this instance the child’s Registered Dietician or Speech and Language Therapist will liaise with the Head Teacher and school catering service to ensure appropriate food provision.
Special diets required for ethical, religious or cultural reasons should be requested in writing to the Head Teacher, who will liaise with the school catering service.
The price of a school meal is £1.85 (including milk). All Primary 1 – Primary 3 children are entitled to a Free School Meal. All children who are entitled to a Free School Meal may choose a menu to the value of £1.85. Children are supervised and encouraged by our staff to take a balanced lunch.
Children of parents receiving Income Support, Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance (income based) and Employment & Support Allowance (income related) are entitled to a meal without charge.
Students aged between 16 and 18 and who are in receipt of any qualifying benefits can apply for free school meals in their own right.
Information and application forms for free school meals may be obtained from schools, First Stop Shops and Municipal Buildings, Coatbridge.
Parents are entitled to receive a clothing grant if they are in receipt of any of the following benefits: Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (income based), Employment & Support Allowance (income related), Housing Benefit, Council Tax Rebate.
Only primary school children who receive a free school meal are entitled to free milk. Milk may however be available for purchase in the school during the lunch period.
- Children in Primary 1 -7 are welcome to bring a packed lunch which is taken in the dining hall.
- A breakfast service is offered to all pupils from 8.30am – 20p each.
- We operate a Snack Service at morning interval, serving a variety of healthy snacks e.g. toast, fruit etc. Infants are encouraged to spend only 30p.
- Menus are issued each term and are always available from the school office.
- We now operate a Cashless system where children use a terminal to pay money onto a card which is then used for Breakfast, Snack and Lunch Times. Money can be paid on weekly or daily but should be done before 9am.