We have had lots to celebrate recently in St Bernadette’s. Here are just a few of our recent successes;
- Morgan from P7 represented our school at the launch of the International Youth Transplant Games which will be hosted by NLC.
- Emily, Jack, Sophie and Aidan have qualified for the NLC library quiz after coming 2nd in the heats on Thursday.
- Our choir were awarded 2nd place at the Burns Competition on Friday and Rachael was 3rd in the solo performance – thanks to Miss Brown for preparing the children so well.
- Our P3 children were excellent and received the Sacrament of Reconciliation on Tuesday.
- P6 & P7 children were complimented highly for their contribution and participation in the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation last Friday.
- P2 pupils put on an excellent assembly for parents and friends all about people in the past.
- We are currently highly ranked in the national cycle to school competition. We have 2 more events planned where I hope we can continue our success- well done to Mrs Purdue and the road safety committee for organising this great initiative.
- All classes are contributing to Lenten charities through a variety of events – P6 & P7 walked to Malawi today – taking one step for every mile.
- Our P4 & P5 classes were commended for their enthusiastic participation in the science workshops at Strathclyde University. It was a great experience for all involved.
- We now have all classes using Book Bug our online reading pilot programme. The children are really enjoying this new approach to reading.
It goes without saying I am very proud of our terrific children!
This week we are delighted to see the work start on our infant area. Everyone is excited at the prospect of having a new fresh area for active learning. Mr Murphy is doing a great job helping with the organisation and the painting! We are very grateful to him!
We are also looking forward to the P3 Pirate assembly on Friday. I have heard the practices and it promises to be great. Mrs Taylor and Miss Gallagher are certainly working hard to prepare the children well.
We will also have our committee meetings on Friday. Everyone is getting very excited about the talent show which the Pupil Council is organising.
Work will also be starting shortly on the skate park adjacent to the school. Please remind your children about safety around building sites.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone next week at our Parents’ Evening on Thursday 26th March.