Primary 1 – Miss Anderson

Welcome

Hello everyone! First of all, I cannot believe how well the children have settled into their first year at Keir Hardie. Everyone looks so smart in their school uniform and are adjusting to the school rules and routines quicker than I could have ever imagined. Thank you for preparing the children for this at home. Please continue to practice zipping up jackets independently as we approach the Winter. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me at the school if I can be of any assistance. I am looking forward to working alongside you this year as your child’s teacher. Miss Anderson

Children’s Belongings

To link with our school rules of ‘Ready, Respectful and Safe’ we are trying very hard to encourage the children to take responsibility for their belongings. Can you please ensure names are on ALL of your child’s clothing, gym kit and shoes, packed lunches, school bags etc (the list is endless!) If a toy / item is very precious to your child then please encourage them to leave this at home.

Literacy and Numeracy

This year, we will have a focus on learning our sounds and common words through play. The children are enjoying this so far and are engaging well in the play opportunities on offer. Please continue to read a wide range of texts to your child and ask them to see if they can locate their common words / sounds within these books.

This term we will be focusing on numbers 0-10 and will be learning how to accurately form these. We are continuing to work on counting items and saying what number comes before and after.

Water Bottles

The children will be allowed to have a drink of water throughout the day. Flavoured juice can be used at interval and lunch but please only include water in bottles for during class time. Thank you.