Primary 1B

Welcome

I am so proud of how well the children have settled in their first few weeks of school. They arrive each day ready to learn with a big smile on their faces! The children are already becoming more familiar with the routines of the school and are able to follow them independently. If you have any queries do not hesitate to contact me through the school phone number or at the gate at home time. Can I ask that if you wish to speak to me at home time you wait until I have ensured all the children have been safely collected. Thank you.                                                                 Miss Rintoul

Home Learning

Home learning will be issued each week on a Wednesday and should be handed in the following Tuesday. Homework is really important in supporting the learning taking place in class. At their induction visit, all children were issued with common word flashcards. Please practice reading and writing the words each night.  The homework sheet will let you know of the words for each week. If you need a new set of words please let me know.

Cross –Curricular Learning

This term we are going to explore rhyme through well known Nursery Rhymes. We will listen to and recite our nursery rhymes and try to identify the rhyming words. We will also have opportunities to explore rhymes through a wide range of play activities.
We are then going to move on to explore our local environment through the context of “The Jolly Postman.”  I am looking forward to seeing who he meets on his journey!

Lunches and snack

The children are doing really well at lunchtime .  Children are encouraged to have a small snack and a drink at playtime, please put your child’s snack in their school bag instead of in a lunch box so it can be accessed easily in class. Children can drink water in the class throughout the school day. Please ensure bottles contain water only, no juice, as it can spill and make jotters sticky.

School Uniform & Jackets

All the children look so smart in their new school uniforms! Please make sure all items are named in order to stop clothing going missing. Please ensure all jackets are named, especially if children wear different jackets depending on the weather. Continue practicing putting on and zipping up jackets at home, especially pulling the sleeves back through when they are inside out!