I was sure I had this here already but I can’t find it.
Here are the main formula we used in the computer systems unit
- Largest number with n bits = 2n-1
- No of memory locations/different colours = 2n
- Coloumn heading in a binary number at n bit =2n-1
- Size of bitmap = no. of Horizontal pixels X no. of Vertical pixels X Colour Depth
- No. of pixels = DPI X size in inches
- Total storage capacity = no. of memory locations X location size.
You should also be able to convert from bits, Bytes, Kilobytes, Megabytes, Gigabytes & Terabytes.
- Bit= 1/0 (Binary digIT)
- 1 Byte = 8 Bits
- 1 Kilobytes= 1024 Bytes (210)
- 1 Megabytes= 1024 KB (220)
- 1 Gigabytes = 1024 MB (230)
- 1 Terabytes = 1024 GB (240)
For colour depth