- State the purpose of registers in a microprocessor. (1)
- Describe the purpose of two signals found on the control bus. (2)
- An IT manager believes that a Pegasus computer with a 700MHz processor is faster than a Hercules computer with a 650MHz processor. Suggest two reasons why he may be incorrect. (2)
- What is the purpose of a control unit in a CPU? (1)
- If a processor needs an instruction from memory, a read operation is carried out. Describe the steps of the memory read operation with reference to the processor, memory and buses. (4)
- Processor clock speed is one factor which affects system performance. Name one other factor and describe how it affects system performance. (2)
- Calculate the maximum amount of addressable memory that a processor with 24-bit address bus and 16-bit data bus could access. Express your answer in the appropriate units, (3)
Out of 15 – Some of the questions may be difficult but we did touch on them in class and will cover them fully on Wednesday. Blame the wind.