Visible Learning Journey 2019
What has been happening?
We are proud to be continuing on our Visible Learning Journey. Visible Learning is the result of 15 years’ research and synthesises over 800 meta-analyses (over 50,000 studies) relating to the influences on achievement in school-aged students. We started our journey looking at ‘What is an effective learner?’ to all stakeholders, which we gave feedback in last terms newsletter. Using our feedback to move forward, a focus we have been working on is Mindset. Here is some of the great work we have been doing and the impact of this.
What have we been doing?
- Pre questionnaire to all stakeholders about mindset
- Live–N-Learn Growth Mindset workshop (parents, pupils and staff)
- STEM fortnight – science based metacognitive focus
- Whole school daily ‘Meet and Greet’
- Together Times (upper and infant) – Mindset focus
- Monitor in reception displaying mindset statements
- Twitter – Mindset Monday tweet
- Mindset posters displayed around the school
- Mindset pupil challenge
- Delivering an assembly about Mindset to Blacklands Primary
The impact so far – What can you see and hear around our school?
- Pupils and Staff beginning to use a shared language
- Pupils approaching goals and achievements using a positive mindset
- Pupils able to complete a challenge using language and understanding of Mindset
- Whole school collaboration to develop a ‘Learning Pit’ using knowledge and understanding
- Able to share strategies of success with others
Looking forward – Where are we going on our journey?
- Developing our ‘Learning Pit’
- ‘Learning Pit’ assembly to inform all stakeholders of our shared language (pupils, parents, staff)
- Using our ‘Learning Pit’ language as a means of approach to all learning approaches and feedback
- Mindset boxes in each class to share our learning journey