Week Beginning 1.6.20

Hello!

As last week was a short one I have left some activities the same can everyone have a go at The Growth Mindset, Career Cards and Drama as these are a little bit different. I have also added a chef challenge and personal project. Go check these out.

We will continue to have a Team talk at 1.30pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. This will let us have a catch up and discuss any work that you are unsure of.

Monday – we will go through the blog and check you all understand the work.

Wednesday – Quiz day! Please make sure you have Kahoot! downloaded.

Friday – we will watch Newsround together and discuss current events. This is also an opportunity to share any news from the week and discuss any issues.

We will have our spelling test at 11am on Friday.

Morning Challenge

Slides 88-92. We will complete 1 each day. I would love it if you could answer on the chat in Teams. I will post a daily comment to start the discussion and just hit reply. You don’t have to write your answers on paper just type them straight onto Teams.

You can also do these each day if you fancy it.

Spelling –  You will find your words on the drop down tab. We will have a live spelling test on Friday at 11am on Teams. If you are unable to make this please ask someone at home to read them to you. You can post your scores on Teams. I have added some spelling ideas if you want to mix things up a bit.

Second Level Spelling Bingo              Spelling Activities

Reading

Hufflepuff: Hot Money – Chapters 7-9. Complete one of the tasks from the reading activities grid below. Please choose a different one from this week – please make sure you have read the following chapters and completed a task from the reading activities below.

ReadingActivitiesGrid                  Guided Reading Challenge Cards   

Slytherin: The Railway Children Session 1 and 2

Slytherin Railway Children Session 1 and 2

Ravenclaw: Charlie and Alice: A Friend in Need Session 3 and 4

Ravenclaw Charlie and Alice session 3 and 4

Gryffindor: Flash the Dog Bounces In!

You have another week to complete sessions 3 and 4 as last week was a short week.

Gryffindor Flash the Dog Bounces In! Session 3 and 4

Quidditch: Please try and log onto Nessy as much as possible.

As well as your sessions feel free to have a look at this activity grid which might help you to understand your book a bit better. You can also choose to complete any of these with a book you have read at home.

Comprehension – Your comprehension this week is all about the eid. It is a chili challenge so please try whichever one feels good for you (*, ** or ***)

Eid Comprehension:     Yellow Chilly        Orange Chilly        Red Chilly

Writing – Continue with your journal task (separate tab). Remember to reflect on your feelings and share what is happening in the world. It is up to you how you complete this and whether you are completing it each day.

Imaginative Writing – *COMPETITION* – See poster below for entry details

Choose 5 Challenges!

Choose five of the tasks from the NA Challenge sheet above to complete. I have uploaded a variety of useful resources but if you would like any more relating to a certain task, let me know and I can email it out to you!

Story Mountain Activity Sheet

Adjective Word Mat

Conjunctions and Other Connectives Word Mat

Word Mat Pack -adjectives, adverbs and verbs

Fronted Adverbials Word List

Non-fiction Sentence Openers Word Mat

If you have not completed this, I have left it up for you.

VCOP Skills

Here is a PowerPoint to help you keep your VCOP skills sharp.  Try to complete one each week.

VCOP challenges

I have added a fun ‘Grand Designs’ challenge for you to try, where you get to design your dream house and then use your maths skills to decorate and furnish it. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

Grand-Designs-Parts-1-3

SumDog

Challenge – I will set a challenge of 250 questions this week.

Assessment – I will set an assessment for Friday please try to complete this.

Times Table Challenge  – Why not try and write the answers on a piece of paper. Remember you only have 15 minutes 🙂

Division and times table challenge

Times table challenge 6 pack

Times tables challenge missing number

HWB

PE – Try your best to complete at least 2 PE sessions with either: Joe Wicks on Youtube (9am each morning) or Cosmic Kids Yoga or Jump Start Jonny at 9am. (Links included on Handy Links tab).

Fit 15 – Also try to fit in some fit 15. You could try Just Dance, outdoor play or anything else you can think of to keep fit.

Paths Kids this week are: Emma and Adam

Please leave a comment on the Paths Kid channel on Teams for both PAThS Kids. If you cannot access Teams for any reason feel free to leave your comment on the blog or email them to me.

Growth Mindset Have a look at the PowerPoint below and complete the task at the end to make your own positive quote. Let’s see how many we can get to cheer us all up!

Power of Thoughts – PowerPoint

Michelin Star Challenge – I am sure you have seen lots of famous chefs on TV and sometimes tried to copy them, so I thought it would be fun to create a Michelin Star meal with beans on toast! I would like you to watch the video clips with some tips on how to present your dish, making it worthy of a Michelin Star and then get creating! I can’t wait to see all your fancy dishes so make sure you send lots of pictures! Enjoy!

Use these links to help you:

Here are some examples: Cheesy Beanos, Baked Beans on Fried Bread Croutons with a melted Parmesan Crust, Baked Bean Puree, Crushed Bean Croquette, Beans on Toast Roulade and a Bean juice foam with a burnt crumb.

Other

Personal Project – For the last month I thought you might find it fun to complete your own personal project. You can choose to do it on absolutely whatever you want and you have three weeks to complete it! Click on the link below to see the criteria for the task.     

Personal-Interest-Project-PIP

Newsround – keep up to date with current events. We will watch together on Friday and discuss.

Mindfulness – Headspace or relaxing music, colouring or dot to dots.

Choose a Career – Think about what job you would like to do when you are older. Choose one of the cards from the selection below and complete the task associated with it.

Career-Cards

Music – See Mrs McDougall’s page on our class blog for this week’s task and tell her what you think about it on the comments page.

Drama – Choose one of the headlines below and create a photo to go along with it. You can use costumes, props, etc, but improvise with what you already have. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Some ideas for extra fun! –  Fun at home ideas P4-P7

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Ayrshire site