Week Beginning 5.5.20

Hello Primary 6.

I have uploaded a range of different activities this week. Please feel free to complete what you can. Remember to read right to the bottom as there is a range of  fun activities. If you need any help or clarification on anything please feel free to email me or post on Teams.

We will continue to have a Team talk at 1.30pm each day (Tues, Wed and Thurs). This will let us have a catch up and discuss any work that you are unsure of. Please don’t feel you have to join everyday unless you want to. I would love everyone to try to join at least 1 if you are able to. We will have our spelling test at 11am on Thursday this week as we are off on Friday.

Morning Challenge

Slides 72-74. We will complete 1 each day. I would love it if you could answer on the chat in Teams. I will post a daily comment to start the discussion and just hit reply. You don’t have to write your answers on paper just type them straight onto Teams.

You can also do these each day if you fancy it.

Spelling – I have only given you 10 words each this week as it is a short week. Complete 2 tasks of your choice this week. You will find your words on the drop down tab. We will have a live spelling test on Thursday at 11am on Teams. If you are unable to make this please ask someone at home to read them to you. You can post your scores on Teams. I have added some spelling ideas if you want to mix things up a bit.

Second Level Spelling Bingo

Reading – I will send out the reading sessions for your book. . If anyone is struggling with the books please let me know and I can give you more time for each session (the same way I would in class).

Hufflepuff: Cosmo B. Henderson: Could Do Better

Slytherin: Sharks

Ravenclaw: Pet Finders on the Case

Gryffindor:

Quidditch: Please try and log onto Nessy whenever you can.

As well as your sessions feel free to have a look at this activity grid which might help you to understand your book a bit better. You can also choose to complete any of these with a book you have read at home.

ReadingActivitiesGrid

Comprehension – Here is a VE Day comprehension. Feel free to complete this if you want to learn a bit more about what VE Day is.

VE Day comprehension

Writing – Continue with your journal task (separate tab). Remember to reflect on your feelings and share what is happening in the world. It is up to you how you complete this and whether you are completing it each day.

Information Sheet

Using the information in the VE Day section and your own research I would like you to create a fact file all about a VE vetran. You can illustrate it as well if you wish. Feel free to use the sheet provided or create your own.

VE Vetran Fact File

VCOP Skills

Here is a PowerPoint to help you keep your VCOP skills sharp. Maybe try a couple of tasks each week.

VCOP challenges

This week we will continue with algebra.

I will leave the PowerPoint up in case anyone needs to refer back to it.

Solving Equations Powerpoint

Now it is time to try some questions.

+ 

TJay 2b P114-117

Pg 114         Pg 115        Pg 116        Pg 117 

-/x

TJay 2a P92-94 – if you complete this and find it easy please feel free to stretch yourself and try TJay 2b as above.

Pg 92         Pg 93       Pg 94

÷

TJay 1b P203-206 – if you complete this and find it easy please feel free to stretch yourself and try TJay 2a as above.

Pg 203       Pg 204        Pg 205       Pg 206

Greater-Than-Less-Than-Flippable-Visual-Aid

I will upload all pages here and onto Teams. Please message me if you have any issues. Answers will be posted on a separate tab.

SumDog

Challenge – This week I would like everyone just to work on their Maths training. If you go into your tasks it will be there. Try to do at least 50 questions per day. I will be keeping an eye out.

Assessment – I will let you off this week seeing as it is a short week.

Times Table Challenge – I will upload a copy of the times table challenge and some extras. Why not try and write the answers on a piece of paper. Remember you only have 15 minutes 🙂

Times Table Challenge <—this is the link.

Here are another few timestable challeges.

Division and times table challenge

Times table challenge 6 pack

Times tables challenge missing number

HWB

PE – Try your best to complete at least 2 PE sessions with either: Joe Wicks on Youtube (9am each morning) or Cosmic Kids Yoga or Jump Start Jonny at 9am. (Links included on Handy Links tab).

Fit 15 – Also try to fit in some fit 15. You could try Just Dance, outdoor play or anything else you can think of to keep fit.

Paths Kids this week are: Jack and Kiera

Please leave a comment on the Paths Kid channel on Teams for both PAThS Kids. If you cannot access Teams for any reason feel free to leave your comment on the blog or email them to me.

Sleep

I am sure we are all enjoying our sleep at the moment but it is very important to keep an eye on our sleep as good sleep hygiene is essential to our wellbeing.

Check out this PowerPoint explaining all about the importance of sleep. I would then like you to complete the worksheet. Then can you create your own poster about sleep using the success criteria provided.

All About Sleep Powerpoint
The Importance of Sleep – Activity Sheet
Poster Success Criteria

Other

Newsround – keep up to date with current events.

Mindfulness – Headspace or relaxing music, colouring or dot to dots.

STEM – Have a look at these challenge cards from Dyson. There are some awesome experiments to try out. I would love it if you could pick one to try out at home and I will do the same.

Dyson challenge cards

Art – I have uploaded an outdoor art activity grid. Try and complete a couple of these each week if you can.

Outdoor Art Activity Grid <—– click here

VE Day

Friday 8th May is VE Day (Victory in Europe). Have a look through the resources and complete what you fancy. There are some nice art activities as well as an information PowerPoint. Remember Miss Johnstone’s challenge of creating some bunting. The class with the most is the winner…. You know what that means!! WIN! 😉

Recipe book                                              VE Day bunting                                       VE Day comprehension                    VE day design a teacup                      VE Day in Scotland PPt                    VE Day rations shopping list           VE Day spitfire                                       VE Day thoughts                           Design a medal

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Ayrshire site