Week Beginning 30.3.20

I have uploaded a range of different activities this week. Please feel free to complete what you can. Remember to read right to the bottom as there is a range of different and fun activities. If you need any help or clarification on anything please feel free to email me or post on Teams.

Morning Challenge

Slides 58-61. We will complete 1 each day. Join the Teams chat to share your answers.

Spelling – Complete your 3 tasks as normal, spread out throughout the week. You will find your words on the drop down tab. We may try to do another spelling test live on Teams on Thursday.

Reading – I have set each group another reading book. I will upload 2 sessions for each group to complete.

Hufflepuff: Dr. Who: The Time of Angels – Hufflepuff Dr Who session 1

Slytherin: Dead Sick – Slytherin Dead sick session 1

Ravenclaw: Beowulf Meets His Match – Ravenclaw Beowulf session 1

Gryffindor: Moya, The Luck Child.

Comprehension – I have added a chilli challenge Easter Comprehension. (* – mild, **  – spicy, *** – hot).  Click on the link below.

Easter Comprehension

Writing – Continue with your journal task (separate tab). Remember to reflect on your feelings and share what is happening in the world. A couple of examples from last week could include: Boris Johnstone’s announcement of Lockdown. On Thursday many people stood at their front doors and clapped for the NHS workers. Many people have made rainbows for their windows as a symbol of hope.

Challenge – 30 mins on SumDog each day. I have set a challenge for you all.

Assessment – I have set an assessment for Thursday-Sunday. Please try to complete it on Thursday so you can enjoy your Easter Break.

Competition – I have also set a competition that will start on Monday 30/3/20 and will end on 19/4/20.

Times Table Challenge – I will upload a copy of the times table challenge and some extras. Why not try and write the answers on a piece of paper. Remember you only have 15 minutes 🙂

Times Table Challenge

Beat The Teacher – Why not play a few rounds of beat the teacher (parent). In class we wrote the stations of the times tables and we had a minute to write them down. Let’s see who can beat their parents.

HWB

PE – Try your best to complete at least 2 PE sessions with either: Joe Wicks on Youtube (9am each morning) or Cosmic Kids Yoga or Jump Start Jonny at 9am. (Links included on Handy Links tab).

Fit 15 – Also try to fit in some fit 15. You could try Just Dance, outdoor play or anything else you can think of to keep fit.

Internet Safety – Please sit down with a family member to discuss the attached sheet below. This is something we all need to be very mindful of, especially at the moment. I look forward to seeing your posters.

Internet Safety Sheet

Paths Kid this week is: Alfie

Please leave a comment on the Paths Kid channel on Teams. If you cannot access Teams for any reason feel free to leave your comment on the blog or email it to me.

Topic

This is the last week of our Titanic topic so this is your last chance to choose one activity from the Titanic Grid and complete this during the week (separate tab).

Other

Newsround – keep up to date with current events.

Mindfulness – Headspace or relaxing music, colouring or dot to dots.

Design and Technology – Build a fort for you and your family – remember to take a family selfie!

Art – To celebrate the launch of Disney+ (YAY!!) I’d like you to draw your favourite Disney character – I’ll draw mine too! Please post a picture of your drawing on Teams by Friday (remember YouTube is likely to have a step by step guide if you need it).

Design an Easter Egg/Bonnet with your family – send in a picture of your masterpiece! (draw or create with materials of your choice)

I have uploaded a picture of an art competition that looks like good fun! Entries are to be in by Wednesday.

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Ayrshire site