Parent Council Welcome

Loudoun-Montgomery Parent Council has been set up to engage in activities which supports the school’s development of our children. We will act as a liaison between parents, the school and the wider school community. It is a group for parents to come together to discuss issues for improvement, communicate with each other and provide feedback to the school.

Aims & Objectives

• Two-way dialog between the parents and the school
  • Make suggestions for improvement within the school which supports the education and welfare of its pupils
  • A voice for parents
  • Encourage links with the wider school community
  • To be involved in the recruitment process for appointing the Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher

Meet the Parent Council:

My Name is Claire Owens but most of you will know me as Lilly Dickson’s Mum from P1 and Pierce’s Mum who previously went to the school. I am the new Chair of the Parent Council and I am very excited about working with the school, the parent council group and the wider community to make Loudoun-Montgomery the best school in the Shire! If you have any ideas for improving the school environment or if there is something we can help you with, please let us know. I look forward to hearing from you.

My name is Mhairi McLean.  I am the Vice Chair of the Parent Council and Russell’s mum in P3.  I wanted to be part of the parent council as I feel it is beneficial for the children that the parents have a voice and have input within the school and this will benefit the children, teachers, parents and carers.

My name is Ellen Turner but most people know me as Betty. I am the Treasurer of the Parent Council. I am married to Scott, mum to Jon who is 24 and used to go to Loudon-Montgomery and Megan who is 8 and in p6/5. I joined the Parent Council because what is the point of having a voice if it can’t be heard. I want to help make our school better and to help bridge that gap between pupils, parents, carers and teachers.

My name is Esther Vaughan and I’m the Secretary of the Parent Council. My children are Maisie in P6/5, Reuben in P5/4, Eden in P2 and Amos in the nursery. My husband Ash and I are the Coordinators at Fullarton ConneXions. I wanted to be on the Parent Council to support the school in all its good work and to help make improvements for the children to get the best school experience possible. We have been so welcomed at LMPS since we moved up 3 years ago and we love this community and I can’t wait to hear all your ideas of how we can celebrate the school, our children and see how successful we can all be working together.

My name is Lindsay Kerr, my children are Jay in P7 & Alyssa in the nursery. I am looking forward to being a part of the Parent Council because I think to develop a partnership between school and home it is important for everyone to work together to benefit the school and its pupils.

Hi my name is Audrey McMail my children are Caleb in P6, Aoife in P3 and Clodagh in P1. I wanted to be part of the parent council because I think it’s important to keep the connection between parents, teachers and pupils. It’s great to see everyone working together to enhance the school.

The Parent Council is a united and welcoming group that is open to all parents and carers of children in our school. If you wish to get in touch please email LMPS.PTA@gmail.com or hand a letter into the school and it will be passed to the group.

Thank you,

Loudoun-Montgomery Parent Council

Welcome to the Loudoun-Montgomery and Early Years Website. Have fun browsing!