Welcome to St Michael’s Primary School
St Michael’s Primary School is a Catholic primary based in Port Glasgow.
Our School Vision, Aims and Values
Following consultation with pupils, parents and staff, we created a vision statement for our school which reflects all our aspirations.
At St Michael’s Primary School, as a community of faith and learning , we aspire:
‘Through a nurturing approach and high quality learning and teaching, to provide our pupils with the knowledge, skills and attributes they need for learning, life and work; to develop each person’s unique, God-given talents, ensuring that every child exceeds what they believe their potential to be.’
It is the aim of everyone in St Michael’s to ensure that:
- There is a welcoming atmosphere fostering a commitment to a sense of identity and pride in the school
- A strong partnership with parents exists and that we strive to keep parents fully informed and involved in their child’s education
- Every child’s needs are met – intellectual, physical, spiritual, social and emotional, through teaching and learning experiences of the highest standard
- All staff are committed to their ongoing professional development and there is a strong commitment to teamwork amongst staff
- As a Catholic school, Gospel Values permeate throughout all of school life and spiritual formation develops in partnership with the home and parish
- Respect for each other, co-operation, self discipline and positive attitudes are encouraged
- We reach out to develop links with our local community and other agencies and establishments
The school community has identified the following values which reflect the important principles on which we base our decisions: