In St Mary’s, we have a very active and supportive Parent Partnership. It aims to help parents to be:
- involved with their child’s education and learning
- welcomed as an active participant in the life of the school
- encouraged to express their views on school education
The Parent Partnership Group meets regularly in the school to discuss school matters and plan activities for our children and their families.
Some of the ways in which pupils have benefitted from their services include:
- Gifts for each pupil receiving First Holy Communion and Confirmation
- A shoe bag for each of our new entrants and a new school tie for each child moving on to secondary school.
- Treats at Hallowe’en and Christmas parties
As you can imagine, shopping for so many children costs a lot of money. Without parents’ help, their fundraising would not be possible – thank you for your ongoing support with this! They are always looking for new volunteers to help – please consider coming along to meetings.
At present, our Parent Partnership committee members are:
- Chairperson – Miss McLaughlin & Mrs Pollard
- Treasurer – Mrs Brown
- Vice Treasurer – Mrs O’Brien
- Secretary/Minute Taker – Mrs Henry
- Vice Secretary – Miss Sheridan
- Parish Representative – Mrs Boyd
- Staff Representatives – Mrs Blincow and Mrs Macdonald.
When a vacancy occurs in the Parent partnership, nominations are invited from the Parent Forum. These nominations are considered at a Parent Partnership Meeting and, if need be, a vote is taken.
We really appreciate the support given by parent helpers when we take the children on school trips. Without this help, we would not be able to provide the wide range of learning experiences on offer to the children in St Mary’s.
Parents who are involved on a regular basis in schools should undertake a PVG check through Disclosure Scotland (this is not necessary for helping with an occasional school trip, where the parent is not solely responsible for children).