Mishca Munro

Meet the candidates – Mischa Munro

Click here to watch Mischa’s video.

Candidate Name Mischa Munro
Proposed by (teacher) Miss Owen
Proposed by (Pupil) Caitlin Barilli
Seconded by Ciara Molseed
What you will bring to the role of Head Boy/Girl?

I feel like I can step up to the role of Head girl as I understand it can be stressful and will require communicating with my peers to organise and plan events throughout the year if selected as head girl I will use my voice to talk about other people’s ideas and opinions. That means that I will have to be reliable and patient as things might not always run smoothly. I also feel as though I’m a very approachable and trusting person which will make it easy for other pupils of the school to come to me with problems or questions. Duke of Edinburgh and Sea Cadets have built my confidence and persistence, it has also developed my skills to look at things from a different perspective, when something doesn’t work the first time change your tactics and try something different. It has taught me how to stay calm and make decisions under pressure which had really benefited me is a lot of situations. I feel like I can bring a lot of these skills to the role of Head Girl and I can be someone other pupils in the school can look up to and trust.

What will you try to achieve as Head Girl/Boy if you are elected?

One thing I would like to achieve as head girl is restarting the MVP program as I feel its important that other pupils in our school have someone they can talk to about anything, because sometimes it can be harder to approach a teacher than another pupil so this could potentially be beneficial for the pupils in our school. I would help in organising this and I could teach the MVPs about mentoring as I took part in the mentoring project for S1 which I really enjoyed and learned a lot from.

How will you promote the ethos and values of our school?

By making sure every student have equal opportunities and are included in activities happening around the school. Also, as I have been on both the Poland and Rome pilgrimages I can hopefully encourage more pupils to take part in these opportunities to explore and develop their faith. I can also be relied on to turn up and take part in events out of school hours to represent our school.