Matteo Lorenzelli

Meet the candidates – Matteo Lorenzelli

Click here to watch Matteo’s video

Candidate Name Matteo Lorenzelli
Proposed by (teacher) Mr Currie
Proposed by (Pupil) Hannah Mcgeehan
Seconded by Emma Mcanally
What you will bring to the role of Head Boy/Girl?

To the role of head boy I will bring confidence and enthusiasm that I hope to use in every task that I complete. I will complete these tasks to a high standard and try my best to keep morale high and help people enjoy life in school more. I will also bring positivity as I hope to keep spirits as high as they can be during this difficult time as I know it’s hard for every single person. I will always be up for any challenge but  in front of me, even if it’s not something I’m totally excited about I will always give it my all.

What will you try to achieve as Head Girl/Boy if you are elected?

If I’m elected I will try to make the school as safe and sanitised as it can be during the COVID period whilst also making it a place where people are excited to go to every day. I will focus on each year group equally and also focus on helping the teachers,  cleaning staff, canteen ladies and every other member of the school. Other than helping to organise the leavers hoodies and prom with the head girl and deputes  I will also try to make the canteen as safe and sanitised as it can be while also making it an enjoyable place to sit and have your lunch. I will also help to clean up the canteen and every other area where pupils are stationed at across the school to make it as clean and sanitised as it can be. I think that 1st to 3rd years are some of the most important years of your life and also school so I will try to talk to them as much as I can to find out their thoughts and what they think will make the school a better place during the COVID period and also try to prepare them for going into the senior phase.

How will you promote the ethos and values of our school?

To promote the ethos and values of our school I will be professional in every task I need to complete and will listen and take on any feedback given by teachers or pupils to be able to do the best job as possible. I will work closely with the head girl and deputes in order to complete tasks quickly and efficiently and make them more enjoyable and a less stressful experience for all involved. I will listen to anyone wanting a chat in the corridors about the school and respect and pass on  people’s ideas on change even if I don’t necessarily agree with them.