Brooke Gallacher

Meet the candidates – Brooke Gallacher

Click here to view Brooke’s video.

Candidate Name Brooke Gallacher
Proposed by (teacher) Miss McLaughlin
Proposed by (Pupil) Ellie O’ Donnell
Seconded by Ryan Arlow
What you will bring to the role of Head Boy/Girl?

To be a successful head girl I believe you should be hardworking, organised, open-minded and determined to achieve the goals you have set out for the year in order to make St Columba’s High School the best possible environment for pupils and staff. I hope my fellow classmates and teachers would also perceive me of being this way. I view myself as team player which is vital as the role of head girl as you are expected to work as part of a team in many situations. However, I also have the ability to work individually under pressure ensuring deadlines are met. I have accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal throughout my time at St Columba’s High School which is very much needed to be head girl. I am approachable, honest and willing to tackle every situation with an open mind and a positive attitude.

What will you try to achieve as Head Girl/Boy if you are elected?

The main goal I am determined to achieve is for mental health to no longer be a taboo subject in St Columba’s high school. I have set myself a realistic target of using my personal experience along with tips and strategies that I have come across to help reduce exam stress and pressures on pupils throughout the school. I would carry this out during the study skills sessions that our school currently provides once a year, however I would be looking to increase these sessions up to once a month and have more of a focus on combating exam stress. As head girl I would be willing to lead these session along with the appropriate member of staff. Another goal I am hoping to achieve is the for number of pupils taking part in extra circular activities to increase drastically. I would like to use the past mistake I made to encourage pupils to take the opportunities that our school provides and educate them more on how these opportunities can be beneficial to them in the future .  Another aim I have is to gain more respect for our canteen staff. Over the pass 5 years I have watched pupils continue to leave our canteen in a state and I am determined to put a stop to it. As this is our last year, I plan to take leadership of my year group and try to organise a stress free and enjoyable prom and other events throughout our last year.

How will you promote the ethos and values of our school?

Faith –  As a practicing catholic I look forward to working with the church and the RE department and representing our school at several religious events.  Ambition –  I will encourage the pupils of our school to have more of a desire and determination to achieve success which can be done by setting realistic goals and targets. Inclusion –  I will ensure the opportunity’s that our school provides are open to everyone despite race/sexuality/religion/disability and everyone is giving the same chance to achieve success. Perseverance – I will encourage everyone to work to the best of their ability at all times and continue to keep going despite difficult times.