Regular and consistent attendance is an important part of school routine.
At Port Glasgow High School, we are proactive in ensuring the correct support is given to every young person to help them achieve, and maintain, positive school attendance throughout the year. Please see our School Policy linked above.
Advising of Absence
What you need to do:
Contact the office on the first day of absence:
- Phone 01475 715200 to give a reason for your child’s absence and how long you expect them to be absent.
- Keep in touch with your child’s guidance teacher to inform them of how your child is doing and if you need support to get your child back to school.
What Port Glasgow High School needs to do if we don’t hear from you!
- Firstly a text will be sent to the main contact
- If no response is received to the text a phone call will be made to the main contact.
- If there is no reply then we will contact your emergency numbers from 1130.
- If we are still unclear as to the whereabouts of your child then other agencies may be contacted (social work or police liaison) who may wish to make a home visit to check all is well and your child is safe.