My World of Work

My World of Work

My World of Work gives pupils the advice they need for the career they want.

My World of Work is an all age service, designed to help build your career management skills and discover what careers match your skills, interests, education and experience.

By creating an account pupils can explore their interests and strengths using the online tools. They can explore the world of work and different routes and pathways to get into different careers.

There’s also advice on how to apply for jobs and pupils can create a CV using the CV builder. As pupils use the site more, their career suggestions will become more personalised.

My career options

• My career options allows pupils to start exploring the world of work
  • Job profiles contain all of the information they need to start exploring different roles. There are also video and stories from real people who do that job
  • To get started pupils can create an account. They can find out what careers suit their likes and interests by doing the About me quiz
  • They can learn where their Strengths lie and find out what jobs are suited to them
  • Pupils can add an Ambition to their account and explore other related careers
  • Skills allows a pupil to select their skills and find out how they relate to jobs
  • There’s also an option choices tool where pupils can discover what jobs are related to different subjects

Learn and train

• Learn and train gives pupils the opportunity to explore different kinds of learning and training
  • They can find opportunities on our course and volunteering search
  • There’s also advice on funding, including ILA, and how to apply

Getting a job

• Getting a job helps pupils take their first step into the world of work
  • They can find job vacancies on our job search
  • There’s also CV and interview advice as well as a CV builder
  • They can keep track of their education and experience in their account

Inverclyde Council