Parental Engagement

Please click the link below to access our Digital Information Board!

Port Glasgow Interactive Parent Info Board

National Parent Forum of Scotland

The National Parent Forum of Scotland has been set up to give Parent Councils and parents an opportunity to discuss and raise educational issues of mutual interest or concerns at a national level.


The following sites are useful in supporting your child’s learning:

SCHOLAR logo widely used in school and can be accessed freely by pupils at any time and for a range of subject areas.


Show My Homework – our foundation site for homework, classwork and many other resources. Parents can create their own login to be able to view their child’s homework set and due.


BBC Bitesize Learning


Please see below useful information and links to Inverclyde Council policies and support for pupils in education.

School Uniform Grant and Free School Meal Grant

Inverclyde Council provides assistance to families who require help with the costs of clothing and school meals.

The following link provides you with information on how to apply for a clothing grant and free school meals.

School Transport Information

Contact Address

Inverclyde Council
Education Services
Wallace Place
PA15 1JB

Inverclyde Council Telephone – 01475 712868

Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)

EMA is a weekly allowance  payable fortnightly during term time to all eligible young people aged over the statutory school leaving age who meet the criteria. The young person must be willing to adhere to an approved Learning Agreement at school.
The scheme will pay a maintenance allowance of £30 per week (dependant on individual circumstances) provided that the conditions of a learning agreement between the young person and the school are met.  The link below explains more about EMA:

Catchment Arrangements

Inverclyde Council provides both denominational and non-denominational education. Most parents/carers choose to send their children to the school of their chosen denomination in their catchment area.

For the purposes of determining which school a pupil should attend the authority is divided into defined catchment areas. Inverclyde’s catchment areas are available to view as a download from the ink below:

Placing Requests

You may wish for a child to attend a school other than your catchment school or you may wish to change the denomination of the school your child attends. This is called making a placing request. You do not need to tell us your reasons for making a placing request, but it may be helpful if you do. Please use the link below to see further information on placing requests:

Cost of The School Day

We were happy to work with the Child Poverty Action group to make the following video.

Inverclyde Council

Report a Glow concern
Cookie policy  Privacy policy

Glow Blogs uses cookies to enhance your experience on our service. By using this service or closing this message you consent to our use of those cookies. Please read our Cookie Policy.