8 thoughts on “Question of the Week – Scottish Referendum”

1. In my opinion, we would be better off staying part of the United Kingdom because although the YES campaign is giving good reasons to become independent, I believe it’s too big a risk. The reason why I think it is too big a risk is because big questions are not being answered. Every year Scotland is given a budget to spend on services such as the NHS, if we were to go independent, we may possibly lose the budget because a good amount of this comes from the United Kingdom.

2. My own opinion is, we are better off becoming independent and voting YES because most of the money we have goes down to England and London. Also, we have more resources such as oil, gas and coal. Scotland is fortunate to have famous landmarks such as Loch Ness and Stirling Castle and many tourists come to see the beautiful views and scenery. This is beneficial because having so many tourists visit Scotland boosts our economy. Becoming independent would allow the people of Scotland to make their own laws, rules and decisions. This would be great for Scotland so that we are not following decisions made by other countries.

3. Scotland will be better without independence as i think the United Kingdom work better as a team!
    The population might be tempted to leave the country in search of jobs in other countries. Scotland might become a hidden country to the world, like Pluto is to the planets! It’s really not worth taking the risk as we can never go back.

4. i have not yet decided because both the Yes and NO campaign have gave many good reasons on why we should become independent or not. I would like to be Independent so that we can make our own decisions and choices and will not get our decisions made by other countries but like Alexander and Emily said it is to big a risk and that Scotland might become a hidden country to the world.
    But altogether I do not mind which decision is made on Thursday because I think Scotland is a great country on its own or with the UK

5. Everyone’s opinion is different but to me I think we should become independent. Some of our money goes to other places and we have a lesser amount. Although other places have amazing things our community has an indoor and outdoor pool, fun parks and many other things. Now I don’t want to start on the scenery and view there is so much to talk about in that subject. Also in the newspaper I read that Scotland had secrets about the coal and oil, and that if we went independent we would have all the objects that we need. Thank you for reading and hope you agree.

6. In my view we are better of as part of the United Kingdom because we might loose all of our money and if we keep our money we will have services such as the NHS and other things