This task requires me to choose a nursery rhyme for which I will then devise a simple choreography to tell the story without using any words.
On first thought I felt that this task would be simple however, when looking into nursery rhymes in detail, in order to see the story, the task turned out to be a little bit more difficult.
My Chosen Nursery Rhyme
The nursery rhyme I have chosen is that of Jack and Jill.
My Simple Choreography to Tell the Story!
- Hold hands in a crouched position in a line
- Stand up slowly and sway from side to side
- Release hands
- Use right hand and circle it slowly backwards until it is outstretched in front of you
- Lift left hand so it sits slightly under and to the left of the right hand
- Turn right hand back and forth (from the 9 to the 3 of a clock face)
- Lower the left hand as if it was heavy
- Every 2nd person in the line drop the the ground to a sitting position (Jack)
- Every 1st person turn to the right hand side to look at person 2 sitting on the floor (Jill)
- Every second person will lift their hands to the top of their head pointing vertically upward and pull them apart and slightly downwards
- Every 1st person will do a rolling motion with their hands while lowering them selfs to floor to sit in the line alongside their shoulder partners.
Repeat as many times as necessary…