UoDEdushare

The central sharing hub for #UoDedu teacher education students at the University of Dundee

June 23, 2019
by Amy Fraser
Comments Off on IB Reflective Activity 3

IB Reflective Activity 3

Developing your understanding of the history and philosophies of the IB. There are many IB Education Trends from the 1960s that also align with the CfE in many ways. For example, ‘Student Choice’ aligns with the CfE because one of the principles in CfE is ‘Personalisation and Choice’. This trend is vital in both IB […]

June 20, 2019
by Amy Fraser
Comments Off on IB Reflective Activity 2

IB Reflective Activity 2

Developing your understanding of the IB Learner Profile The IB Learner Profile attributes are as follows: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-Minded, Caring, Risk-Takers, Balanced and Reflective. The CfE’s four capacities are as follows: Successful Learners, Responsible Citizens, Confident Individuals and Effective Contributors.   Between IB and CfE, there are many similarities and differences between […]

June 20, 2019
by Amy Fraser
Comments Off on IB Reflective Activity 1

IB Reflective Activity 1

The International Baccalaureate (IB) is a not-for-profit foundation, motivated by its mission  to create a better world through education (IB, 2015). From researching it further, it has made me realise connections IB and the Curriculum for Excellence (CfE). The aims of IB are that it centres on learners, develops effective approaches to teaching and learning, […]

May 21, 2019
by Claire Smith
Comments Off on Health and Wellbeing: The Start of Lesson Planning

Health and Wellbeing: The Start of Lesson Planning

Blog Post Early Years Above, you will see my first attempt (in ages) for lesson planning. Yes, it’s been a rather long time since the fingers have delicately hammered the keyboard to type up a lesson plan… and this is not exactly a full one! However – since learning from my first school placement last … Continue reading “Health and Wellbeing: The Start of Lesson Planning”

May 17, 2019
by Claire Smith
Comments Off on SO, Summer: LET’S MOVE FOWARD!

SO, Summer: LET’S MOVE FOWARD!

So, after learning about my learning placement (Lfl ’19) … I’ve decided to account myself to my learning more and uptake in the sport of writing a daily blog over summer. It’s not aiming to be a massive task, but something educationally amusing. A cocktail of words a day doesn’t do anyone any harm! It’s … Continue reading “SO, Summer: LET’S MOVE FOWARD!”

May 14, 2019
by Claire Smith
Comments Off on Well, c’est la vie – and it’s bonne!

Well, c’est la vie – and it’s bonne!

I thought I would write. Write quickly – not a long post, but a “hello Summer, goodbye Second Semester” reflection. Time has passed and placement is now over. Over and done with, unfortunately. But, well, that’s it. This year has flown into history (too quickly) and even though my Lfl ’19 placement did not challenge … Continue reading “Well, c’est la vie – and it’s bonne!”

May 11, 2019
by Eilidh Purdie
Comments Off on Learning from Life

Learning from Life

WOW. I cannot quite believe that I am back in Scotland. Two months definitely fly when you’re having so much fun. I have had the most amazing time over in the UAE exploring and getting to know all about the culture and the lifestyle there. It really is incredible. I’ve gone from being a nervous […]