UoDEdushare

The central sharing hub for #UoDedu teacher education students at the University of Dundee

May 17, 2019
by Claire Smith
Comments Off on SO, Summer: LET’S MOVE FOWARD!

SO, Summer: LET’S MOVE FOWARD!

So, after learning about my learning placement (Lfl ’19) … I’ve decided to account myself to my learning more and uptake in the sport of writing a daily blog over summer. It’s not aiming to be a massive task, but something educationally amusing. A cocktail of words a day doesn’t do anyone any harm! It’s … Continue reading SO, Summer: LET’S MOVE FOWARD!

May 14, 2019
by Claire Smith
Comments Off on Well, c’est la vie – and it’s bonne!

Well, c’est la vie – and it’s bonne!

I thought I would write. Write quickly – not a long post, but a “hello Summer, goodbye Second Semester” reflection. Time has passed and placement is now over. Over and done with, unfortunately. But, well, that’s it. This year has flown into history (too quickly) and even though my Lfl ’19 placement did not challenge … Continue reading Well, c’est la vie – and it’s bonne!

May 11, 2019
by Eilidh Purdie
Comments Off on Learning from Life

Learning from Life

WOW. I cannot quite believe that I am back in Scotland. Two months definitely fly when you’re having so much fun. I have had the most amazing time over in the UAE exploring and getting to know all about the culture and the lifestyle there. It really is incredible. I’ve gone from being a nervous […]

April 25, 2019
by Blaze Lambert
Comments Off on Is Daydreaming Terminally Dated?

Is Daydreaming Terminally Dated?

Blaze, what do you mean by “Is daydreaming terminally dated?”- I hear you ask. Daydreaming is a natural and often subconscious process for our brain and therefore is not something that can dwindle and become dated! Perhaps, yes. However, I beg to differ. The Oxford definition of daydreaming is:  “A series of pleasant thoughts that distracts […]

April 23, 2019
by Zara Aitken
Comments Off on In-Service Day – ACEs

In-Service Day – ACEs

Today I attended a talk and workshop based around ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences). The talk was carried out by Chris Kilkenny who himself had many ACEs in his childhood. Now at 24, Chris talks about his experiences and how as teachers we can take 5 minutes out of our day to speak to children, find […]

April 23, 2019
by Zara Aitken
Comments Off on Placement: Part 1

Placement: Part 1

For 1PP1 i am in a small village school with no more than 130 pupils total. I have 17 pupils in my P7 class. I feel I have started to bond well with the children in my class. The one thing I really struggled with at the start was not gaining the classes attention but […]