UoDEdushare

The central sharing hub for #UoDedu teacher education students at the University of Dundee

February 16, 2020
by Kirsten Allan
Comments Off on IDL in Primary School

IDL in Primary School

Teaching Across the Subject Boundaries – TDT When asked to reflect upon an IDL topic which I had done in either primary or secondary school I realised that everything that I remembered had some sort of emotional connection to it. One emotional and memorable IDL topic was World War Two. Thinking back, I and my […]

February 16, 2020
by Emma Whiteman
Comments Off on Memories of IDL in Primary School

Memories of IDL in Primary School

When I think back to Primary School, there are definitely certain IDL topics that I have really fond memories of learning, however there are also years where I have no idea what topics we looked at. I remember in Primary 5, our topic was The Jacobites. I think that I remember this topic well because …

Continue reading “Memories of IDL in Primary School”

February 11, 2020
by Kirsty Watkins
Comments Off on A Memorable Learning Experience

A Memorable Learning Experience

A memorable learning experience for me was when we explored the topic of World War 2 in primary 7. Of course this is a very popular topic in schools but I feel this is carried out with mixed success. The topic was my favourite we had done at school, however I feel it was due … Continue reading A Memorable Learning Experience

February 6, 2020
by Amy Stephen
Comments Off on A memorable learning experience

A memorable learning experience

Thinking back to primary school, many years ago, i have numerous memorable learning experiences i could write about. However, one that stands out, was our first topic of the Victorians. I have always loved History as a subject throughout primary and high school and i believe it all stems from this topic, that i thoroughly […]

February 6, 2020
by Lara Simpson

A Memorable Learning Experience

Throughout primary school, one thing that I remember from all the good memories and learning experiences I had, was IDL, which I knew as Topic. In particular, in primary 5 my class topic was the Rainforest. I can vividly remember my teacher, who was extremely enthusiastic  introducing the topic, where at first I was unsure what […]

February 5, 2020
by Isla Campbell

A memorable learning experience

I can admit I don’t remember much about school, primary school in particular, with this in mind there is something that was life changing  for me in my secondary school career. I remember in my fifth year of secondary school I was going through a very hard time with my mathematics. this is a subject … Continue reading A memorable learning experience

February 4, 2020
by Eilidh Purdie

A memorable learning experience

In Primary 7 we carried out balloon talks as our summative assessment where we had to pick a person we admired, or thought was influential in some way. We had been learning about influential people across the world and what they were famous for. Whilst other people went for people such as Alexander Fleming, Stephen […]

February 4, 2020
by Chloe Newton
Comments Off on A Victorian for a Day

A Victorian for a Day

“Make sure you remember to put that scarf on!” shouted my mum as I left her to start the walk into the school playground, “You won’t look like a Victorian if you don’t put it around you like a shawl!”. Months of hard work and dedication had led to this day, the day where we […]

February 4, 2020
by Cameron McIntosh
Comments Off on Topic – world cup (2010) and Brazil (2011)

Topic – world cup (2010) and Brazil (2011)

I can still remember to this day having some of the most fun I ever had at school learning about topic! In 2010 our Topic was the World cup ! This was such an amazing topic and something a totally football daft me absolutely loved ! I remember writing a news paper report about the […]

February 4, 2020
by Susannah Robertson
Comments Off on Teaching Across Subject Boundaries TDT – A Memorable Learning Experience

Teaching Across Subject Boundaries TDT – A Memorable Learning Experience

A Memorable Learning Experience – The Windfarm Debate  When I was in Primary 7, my class were working on our debating skills.  The teacher provided us with a number of opportunities to explore debates and understand what makes a good argument.  We were then divided into groups with different roles allocated to each group.  My […]

February 4, 2020
by Blaze Lambert
Comments Off on Paddy the Pigeon

Paddy the Pigeon

Teaching Across Subject Boundaries TDT- A relevant, memorable lesson: If we’re going to consider the relevance of a topic, I would like to cast your attention to Paddy the Pigeon. I think I must have been in about Primary 4 and we had recently started our World War II topic. Up until this point, we […]

February 4, 2020
by Kara Robertson
Comments Off on Teaching Across Subject Boundaries TDT

Teaching Across Subject Boundaries TDT

A Memorable Learning Experience: In Primary School, I remember our topic focusing on the Rainforest. The class were immersed in the topic and I felt that we were all engaged and interested with the delivery of the content. I remember the classroom being decorated to suit the theme of the Rainforest, with greenery and stuffed […]

February 4, 2020
by Lori Meiklejohn
Comments Off on Teaching Across Subject Boundaries – Favorite Topic

Teaching Across Subject Boundaries – Favorite Topic

When I was in Primary 7, we had two big topics which I really enjoyed. One of these was World War II, and the other was Australia. I enjoyed these topics hugely because they were very interactive and we as a class were ‘thrown’ into living and experiencing the lives that people relating to each […]

February 3, 2020
by Andrew Middleton
Comments Off on How my first Winter Assessment at university was critical to my professional development.

How my first Winter Assessment at university was critical to my professional development.

Being first year at university, the first semester was split in half between my academic responsibilities of attending classes and completing assignments and my social life, whether that be with the rugby team or forming new friendship groups. The cycle of trying to balance both of these aspects continued until mid November when assessments for […]

January 27, 2020
by Zara Aitken
Comments Off on Second Year

Second Year

First semester of second year went in a flash! My summer was awful, I had two bereavment’s in one week and spent most of my summer away from my own children 600 miles away. Because of my awful summer I was really looking forward to having the opportunity to go out on another school placement […]

January 24, 2020
by Zoe Neilson
Comments Off on Semester 1 Reflection

Semester 1 Reflection

My experiences of the course so far have varied. Both the teaching modules and my elective in Psychology have challenged me and developed a range of my skills. The one incident that impacted me the most was the assignment in the ‘Working Together’ module. I found it challenging to work with a group of people […]

January 22, 2020
by Bethany Duffy
Comments Off on Mathematics as a Learner

Mathematics as a Learner

“Mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.” –Albert Einstien Mathematics was always a strong subject of mine throughout primary school and secondary school. That does not mean I am saying it was easy. I worked hard to pass all my maths tests and get every answer right in the workbooks. Those SHM …

Continue reading “Mathematics as a Learner”