Compliments and confidence ❀️😊

Through our Health and Wellbeing learning, we are learning to give and receive compliments.

We have discovered we find it hard to take compliments and we said we find it awkward and embarrassing so we are working on being able to take compliments well and appreciate what others have to say about us.

Each day, one person in our class is selected as the VIP of the day and they are treated extra special. We all give them compliments which are recorded on a certificate and given to us. Every person who has been the VIP of the day and been given compliments has said it makes them feel happy, excited, more confident and proud. They’ve also said it has improved their self esteem.

We also realised we find it hard to say positive things about ourselves and so Miss McCue got us all to stand up one by one and shout something we are good at. It was embarrassing at first but really fun.

Mrs Alexander even stood up and shouted out that she is good at general knowledge!!

Then we travelled round the room and when Miss McCue shouted β€˜freeze’ we had to stop and give the person closest to us a compliment. It was hard to give someone a compliment who isn’t one of our best friends but we are getting better at it. πŸ’œπŸ’œ

10 Replies to “Compliments and confidence ❀️😊”

1. Hiiii I feel like I am not sure what to say when so body gives me a complement so I don’t often talk if they give me one 😱😱 πŸ€”

1. I feel the same as you Zain. I find it quite hard to take a compliment but it’s nice to get one. Here’s a compliment for you – I love your big, curly hair!!