Microsoft Office FREE for all Falkirk Council Children’s Services staff and pupils with a Glow account!
Microsoft has recently made changes to its policy for Education Authorities which have a Volume Licence Agreement with them, meaning that all pupils in Falkirk Council education establishments and education staff in Falkirk Council Children’s Services can now benefit from free licences for Microsoft Office for their home computers and devices. This offer is at no additional cost to the Council.
Details of the scheme can be found here:
To get Office for your PC or Mac at home
1. Log into Glow on your home computer http://glow.rmunify.com
(if you are a pupil and do not know your Glow username and password, please contact your school; if you are a member of staff then log a call with the Falkirk Council ICT Servicedesk)
2. On the Glow landing page, scroll through the tiles until you find the “Download Office Now” tile:
3. Click on the tile, choose the version of Office you wish to download and click “Install”
To get Office for your Phone & Tablet
1. Search and download the relevant App from your device App store:
a. Android Phone:
b. Android Tablet:
e. Windows Phone: Office Mobile, OneNote, Outlook:
2. Open the app on your phone and when prompted choose “Sign In”.
3. When prompted for a username, use the format: firstname.lastname@example.org (for nursery staff or central staff) or email@example.com (if based in a school) – followed by your Glow password.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who can download this software?
All pupils and staff in P1-P7 and S1-S6 in a Falkirk Council Education establishment.
All staff in a Falkirk Council Nursery establishment.
All central education staff in Falkirk Council Children’s Services
2. How much does this cost?
It’s free! It also doesn’t cost the Council any more money- this is a change of policy by Microsoft and is a free upgrade to our existing software agreement with them.
3. How many computers and mobile devices can I use this on?
Up to 5 PCs and Macs. In addition, up to 5 mobile devices.
4. How long do I have the licence for?
For as long as you are a pupil in a Falkirk Council Primary stage or Secondary stage education establishment, or a member of staff in a Falkirk Council Nursery stage, Primary stage or Secondary stage education establishment, or central education staff.
5. What if I buy a new computer?
You can deactivate any licence you have assigned to a device by going into Glow and selecting the “Download Office Now” tile.
6. What if I don’t know my Glow account?
Please speak to your school if you are a pupil, or to the Falkirk Council ICT Servicedesk if you are a member of staff
Click on the links below for a printable version of the steps to getting Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office FREE for all Falkirk Council Education Services- school version – for P1-7 and S1-6 school pupils, and staff based in schools
Microsoft Office FREE for all Falkirk Council Education Services- central staff version – for centrally-based staff