Mental health is not easy to talk about, least of all for young men, so often brought up to regard emotional vulnerability as weakness.
In a special edition of BBC HARDtalk, Stephen Sackur speaks to Stephen Manderson – better known as British rapper Professor Green. In the interview he has been very honest about his own struggles with mental health and is determined to break the taboos around the subject.
Can we all learn from Professor Green?
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are stressful events occurring in childhood including
- domestic violence
- parental abandonment through separation or divorce
- a parent with a mental health condition
- being the victim of abuse (physical, sexual and/or emotional)
- being the victim of neglect (physical and emotional)
- a member of the household being in prison
- growing up in a household in which there are adults experiencing alcohol and drug use problems.
More information at: http://www.healthscotland.scot/population-groups/children/adverse-childhood-experiences-aces/overview-of-aces#Animation