PRIMARY 5B WEEK BEGINNING 27/09/21 and 04/10/21

Literacy and English 

Olly – In Writing, we had to describe a setting. We had to use a lot of adjectives, similes and metaphors. Some of us self-assessed and peer-assessed the work. We could write about a desert island,  a cabin in the woods, an abandoned hospital and a castle.

Sophie – In Literacy, the Editors were answering questions about a text called Life of a Castle. It was interesting to find out about how life in a castle is different from ours.

Numeracy and Mathematics 

Gabby – In Maths the Number Ninjas have been learning how to use a calculator. We completed some multiplication and division questions and we checked our answers with a calculator.

Chloe – In Maths the Mathletes completed their end of topic assessment. It was fun! We did division, x and divide by 10 and 100 in it.

Health and Wellbeing (PE)

Alfie B – Today in PE we were playing football and played a lot of different games. We also played Beat the Goalie.

Science 

Zunairah – In Science, we worked with a partner. We chose an animal to research. We used chromebooks and our skills to create a poster. John and I looked at Rhinos. Last week we created our very own Google Slide with facts about animals.

Art 

Sophia – In Art we have been looking at tone and shading. We used charcoal to make a realistic house and we were working on shading from dark to light and light to dark.

Archie – In Art we were learning how to create a sunset by using different warm colours and blending them together. We had to create animals as the main focus for our picture and then shaded around them.

Ismail – In Art we created Ndembele patterns. You had to make them symmetrical and include warm or cold colours. We used oil pastels.

Topic 

Eva – In Topic, we were taste testing different types of chocolate and we had to guess which one we thought was Fairtrade. We also learned the Fairtrade process and why Fairtrade is important.

Sophia – We also got to talk about which chocolate we preferred and why. I preferred chocolate one which was milk chocolate.

Mehr – I tried dark chocolate for the first time. I didn’t really like it because it was a bit too strong. But I liked the white chocolate because it was nice and sweet.

Aritri – I tried dark chocolate for the first time. When I tasted it it was perfect for me because I don’t like milk chocolate.