We are keen for parents to be involved all aspects of the life and work of the family centre.
We would like to invite you to join us to share your ideas or skills, see the children at work and play and talk informally with staff over coffee. Joining these events is a good way of getting to know more parents and finding out what is going on at your child’s family centre.
Some ways you can be involved include:-
- Stay and Play – joining your child for a morning/afternoon in the family centre whenever you have some free time (subject to national guidelines during Covid-19)
- Going to the woods with groups of children
- Talking about your job or hobby
- Taking with the children and planning activities to help them learn about cultural festivals
- Reading stories (in English or other home languages)
- Playing a musical instrument
- Delivering an art/dance/sports learning experience
- Joining our Parents’ Fundraising group
- Being part of the Eco group working towards our next green flag
- Helping in our garden
- Helping the children to learn about maintaining the bicycles etc.
- Helping to review our policies and suggest improvements for the family centre
If you intend to come into the family centre or help in the woods as a regular volunteer, a PVG disclosure check will be required. Please speak to the Head Teacher or Depute Head of Centre.
A copy of our Parental Engagement and Involvement Policy can be downloaded here.
To download a copy of our fun Family Learning walk at Rouken Glen, please click the link below: