Our Vision, Values and Aims were reviewed in 2020 through consultation with children, families and staff. These were agreed as follows:
Our Vision – Learn and Grow Together
Hazeldene Family Centre is a nurturing and inclusive family environment, where children, parents and staff learn and grow together to achieve the best outcomes.
- Nurture – The best interests of children are promoted throughout the centre.
- Relationships – Warm, responsive relationships create a positive climate for achievement.
- Achievement – we value the importance of play and time for children to investigate, create and develop at their own pace
- Well-being – We value each child as an individual, but also as part of a family and community.
- Respect – We celebrate diversity, respect others’ views and promote openness, honesty, trust and fairness
In our establishment we aim to offer the highest quality service.
- We aim to build close working relationships between children, parents, staff and the local community.
- We aim to enable all involved in the life of the family centre to feel valued, respected and included.
- We aim to nurture each child’s wellbeing and sense of belonging
- We aim to create a safe, healthy but challenging learning environment which encourages curiosity.
- We aim to provide carefully balanced learning, child-initiated active play and discovery.
- We aim to provide rich, relevant experiences which help children to develop holistically as confident, independent learners.
The school should be seen as a community.
Let us live with our children
Let them live with us
So we gain through them
What all of us need.