- Christmas Cards – The online shop opens on 23rd November and will remain open until midnight on 30th November.
- The estimated date for dispatch of the cards to the school is 6th December.
- Monday 20th November UNICEF Day for Change. Their challenge this year is to help malnourished children to grow up healthy and strong. The challenge is simple: Change something about your school day and collect as much change and cash as possible – helping to keep children safe from hunger. Every pound raised will be matched by The Power of Nutrition, a charitable foundation, so fundraising goes even further for children. We are looking for any loose change that pupils can bring in on Monday. Your help with this challenge would be greatly appreciated.
- Our school library is looking fantastic! A huge thank you for all the books that have been handed in. We are still looking for donations of fiction titles. If you are having a clear out and have any books you no longer want please hand them into the school office. We would be delighted to have them! Thank you.
Meet and Greet
On Wednesday 16th August you are invited along to the School Gym Hall for a breakfast roll, tea or coffee.
This gives parents the opportunity to meet the staff who will be caring for your child/ren at the club.
Staff will be there to answer any questions you may have and chat about what goes on at the club.
You will find us in the school gym hall along with the school fundraising group from 9.15am after you have dropped your child at school on their first day
It’s a great way to meet other new parent too
All Family and friends welcome
from BPS After school Club & Fundraising Group
Article 40: A child accused or guilty of breaking the law must be treated with dignity and respect. They have the right to help from a lawyer and a fair trial that takes account of their age and situation. The child’s privacy must be respected at all times.
- On Monday 19th June Primary 1A Room 4 will be leading the Infant Assembly starting at 9am. Primary 4A Room 6 and not P4 Room 7 as previously stated will be leading the Upper Assembly starting at 9.45am. Parents are welcome to come along and join us for these assemblies. Their part will be at the beginning of each assembly and lasts approximately 10 minutes.
- Danny McPhelim, the cycling officer for Sustrans/ EDC is going to run ‘Learn to Ride’ sessions for children in P4 – 7 who are unable to ride bikes. If parents attend they will learn the correct technique to get their child riding themselves. He is also happy to give children a loan of a Sustrans bike to enable the children to practice at home. The dates of these sessions are: Thursday 24th August 3.15-5pm,Thursday 31st August 3.15-5pmThursday 7th September 3.15-5pm,Thursday 14th September 3.15-5pm
You will be able to sign up for these sessions soon and information on how to sign up will be sent home shortly. The link below gives you hints and tips on teaching your child.
Primary 5 Room 12 cycle trip was cancelled due to the bad weather earlier this month. This has been rearranged for 7th September when they will cycle to Kelvingrove.
- Primary 7 leaver’s assembly takes place on Wednesday 21st June at 6.30pm.
- The Summer Church Service will take place on Friday 23rd June at 9.30am. You are welcome to join us for this.
- Unfortunately our school Sports day was cancelled on 9th June due to the wet weather and poor conditions underfoot. This was actually the third date we had booked. The first date was 2nd June and was rearranged due to the P7 transitions taking place at Bearsden Academy and then the 8th June due to the General Election. Many people were disappointed so we have decided to have a Potted Sports Day on Tuesday 27th June in the playground. I am sorry but we cannot invite the parents as there is just not enough room for everyone.
- School closes for the summer holiday on Wednesday 28th June at 1pm.
Primary 1-3 will be having a Healthy Creations Picnic during the morning break on Friday 16th June.
Primary 4 have a visit from Christie’s the Butcher on Tuesday 13th June to make lean burgers with healthy toppings in the school kitchen.
Primary 5 have a visit from Grace and Favour on Wednesday 14th June to learn the importance of using local produce in achieving sustainability and how they adapt their menu for the different seasons.
Primary 6 will be creating a balanced and healthy lunch throughout the week. The winning entries from each class will be sent to EDC and will have the opportunity to be incorporated in our lunch menu by canteen staff next August.
Primary 7 will be going to Massimo’s on Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th June where they will be learning how to prepare and make healthy pizzas.
The Health and Wellbeing Committee members will be visiting Marks and Spencer on Wednesday 14th June for a tour of the shop and to sample some healthy products.