Homework wb 21/03

What a happy day we have had today. With many of us having succumbed to various illnesses recently it was lovely to see most of the class back and ready to learn. We were so busy today that we didn’t get outside to enjoy the weather but buy the look of the forecast we can save that for tomorrow.

Our new sound this week is o-e (rope). We have learned the sound today and will work on our common words tomorrow. I have attached words for practise and as always, I would encourage you to support your child to build other words with the same sound. This week I would like all of the class to work on the same sound at home.

In addition to the usual grid, I am posting a link to a game that may support the children with learning this split phoneme.

spelling grid

https://games.galacticphonics.com/longvowels/o-e/interactive/oespell/oespellt.htm

Our reading books for this week are:

Book Bandits – Amazing Trees

Page Pirates – Ballet

Word Wizards – Shaun the Sheep, You are my Mum!

Sound Stars – What is in my net?

Numeracy homework will be distributed tomorrow.

We are currently looking at dinosaurs as our topic. I know a lot of the class are very excited about this and some may wish to bring things in to show the class. I am happy for them to do this and will do my best to make time for them to show things on the day they bring it in. Unfortunately we don’t have anywhere in class to make a display of their items so I will encourage them to take them back home with them.

Mrs MacNee