Reading – Our reading books for this week are below. I will be assessing all of the reading groups over the next 2 weeks to determine if they are ready to move on to the next level of the scheme.

Book Bandits – The Mermaids Visit the Vet

Page Pirates – This is my Pet

Word Wizards – King Pip and the Dark Wood

Sound Stars – In the Pit

Phonics – our sound for this week is ou (as in sound). I have attached the words the children could work on along with some challenge words and the grid for them to use. You might like to also encourage your child to think of other words containing this phoneme. Sound stars words are below and they should try to use the active sp

elling homework grid to choose tasks to complete.

Active Spelling Homework

Numeracy – Our class are working through a few different concepts of number this week. For homework I would like the class to focus on  building their knowledge of addition and subtraction facts using Hit the Button. They should use the number bonds section of this game. You will notice there are many different levels within this section so it would be good if you could provide your child with some guidance about which levels they should tackle and encourage them to challenge themselves where appropriate.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

As always, any questions or issues please let me know and I will do my best to help.

Mrs MacNee