A message from our HT

Dear Parent/Carer,

Yesterday staff returned to our school to start preparations for return to school on the 12th August. As you will be aware due to the pandemic, school will be different. A blended learning model will be in place in all schools in East Ayrshire. Our Head of Education and central teams have been working with head teachers to ensure we can provide the best model based on staffing and available space.  I have submitted my proposal to the Head of Education for approval and when I have confirmation I will contact you with specific information.

I have received enquiries as to whether children should wear school uniform when they return in August. I think one of the most important things is to help our children feel part of our Mount Carmel family again.  My staff and I would like to encourage children to wear school uniform for this reason. Just before lockdown we organised a ” Uniform Exchange“. We have a range of sizes available and we would welcome any items your child has grown out of during lockdown. The clothes rails will be outside the foyer of the school   Monday to Thursday next week. We ask that you observe social distancing whilst using this facility.

I understand this has been a very difficult time for families and with the school holidays coming up many parents/carers and children are concerned about the future. School in August will look different, but the welcome back will be as warm as ever. We have really missed all our children and families and like you, yearn for things to be back to normal. This situation will pass and we will begin to be able to share simple pleasures such as seeing all our family again without the use of Zoom. Meantime, here in MCPS, we are having the biggest spring clean in history!

I will be in touch as soon as I can with further details of the arrangements for August. Meantime, stay safe.