It’s Been Snowing!

Hello from the Art Room…

I am looking out the window at a lovely snowy scene in the playground. The window is all iced up making the silhouettes of the bare trees all the more magical.

I wonder if the snow will still be there at the weekend and I could build a snowman?

Oh that reminds me…

…These rather splendid Snowmen were made by P3 just before Christmas.

How did they make them? I hear you ask.

Have a go…

…or make a picture/model of a snowman in another way.

1. Use a big Brush to paint white balls of snow for the snowman. (two or three)
  2. Use the end of the brush to print some falling snow.
  3. While waiting for the paint to dry use felt pens and pencils to draw and colour a block of ‘tartan’.
  4. Cut out a round shape for a tartan bunnet & strips for a scarf.
  5. Cut out black bits of paper for eyes, mouth & buttons. ( or colour a white bit black)
  6. Cut out a wee thin bit of orange paper for a carrot nose. (or colour a white bit orange)
  7. Stick on the eyes, mouth, nose and buttons.
  8. Stick on the scarf to make him look cosy.
  9. Stick on the bunnet at a jaunty angle. (Add a wee bit of fluffy wool if you have got any)
  10. EXTRA if you have any small bits of bark or wood stick them on for arms.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         You can find the Poems ‘Snaw’ and ‘The Snawman’ by JK Annand (and dicover lots of others) at the Scottish Poetry Library http://www.scottishpoetrylibrary.org.uk