Autism

Understand autism, the person and what to do.

Click on the link to watch a short video about a young boy trying to make it through a shopping centre…
I’m not naughty. I’m autistic.
For autistic people like me, the world can be a terrifying place. Sometimes sounds feel like my head is exploding. Clothes feel like my skin is burning. And when a tiny thing changes, it feels like my world is ending.
Sometimes I get too much information. And if you only see a naughty kid, you haven’t got enough. #AutismTMI
Warning: this film contains flashing lights, bright colours and loud, sudden noises

Autism Awareness Day – Friday 12th March 2021

Welcome to our Autism Awareness Day page. The National Autism Awareness Day is being held on the 2nd April this year, and as that is during our Easter holidays, we thought we would have our own day a little bit earlier. Friday 12th March is all about celebrating our differences! Primary 1-3 will be completing activities in school and P4-7 will complete them remotely. The plans for the day can be found below.

We will be learning all about Autism and taking part in a range of activities. We have asked that you wear something to express yourself and do your hair in a crazy style. We want to celebrate the fact that we are all different so be as out there as you want! At the end of the day, please take some time to complete the questionnaire on the blog all about the activities today. Please see below for the links to our resources and questionnaires. Evidence from home learning of children taking part in Autism activities can be emailed to Miss Smith – rebecca.smith1@eastayrshire.org.uk.

What is Autism?

Autism Awareness Day Plans:

Autism Awareness Day P1-3 Plan

Autism Awareness Day P4-7 Plan

Please click on the link below to access the resources to support Primary 4-7 Autism Awareness Day:

Friday 12th March 2021

Go to this Sway

Please follow the links to complete a short review of the day’s activities:

Parent Feedback Form:
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=oyzTzM4Wj0KVQTctawUZKdPoDFm4DrtDnaLlBRYIHthUQjFTRVVENUk5QU02TExSRlQ3MTc0N0lWMi4u

Pupil Feedback Form:
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=oyzTzM4Wj0KVQTctawUZKdPoDFm4DrtDnaLlBRYIHthUOUYwTEFWUDlSU1kzTkdVVTdBRUlZUUVBNy4u

Autism Awareness Day

Have a look at the Sway below to see what we got up to during Drongan Primary School’s Autism Awareness Day!

Go to this Sway