HT Challenge 6th April

Good morning all,
It’s the start of a new week, and that means it is Headteacher Challenge day. Please find this week’s creative challenge attached.
I also attach an ideas sheet for keeping busy during the “holiday” and an Easter puzzle sheet which includes making your own indoor egg hunt.
Have fun, stay inside and stay safe
Mrs Gamble xxx

Friday- Weekend Why Don’t You….

Good morning all,

As this would have been the start of the Easter holidays, we would recommend that you make sure you and the children have some downtime over the next fortnight. We will continue to send the challenges out as this is fun learning, and please do keep sharing all your activities on the Class Teams.

The staff will also be taking a break for some of the time and will therefore not be holding the twice-weekly class meets, but will check in on their class chats from time to time. Of course, the children are welcome to keep messaging one another: we love seeing what they are up to. The school office email will be checked regularly for any urgent queries.

Many of of the staff are working in the Georgetown Hub in order to provide childcare for children of key workers. I would remind you that this is emergency childcare, and should only be used as a last resort.

Some parents were in touch to say that they were running out of books! Please find a Literacy ideas sheet attached from the staff to help with this. I would also recommend Penguin Kids, Oxford Owl and Audible online, who are sharing lots of e-books and audiobooks for free during the school closures. I am also loving World of Walliams and Moat Brae who are doing daily storytimes online: great stories and great voices!

This Weekend’s Why Don’t You is attached- have fun!

lots of love Mrs Gamble xx

Literacy Ideas

weekend why dont you 3rd April

Monday 30th March

Good morning everyone,
I hope you managed to make the most of the weather at the weekend, and get out for your daily exercise. Some fantastic work from some of our older pupils on the Weekend Why Don’t You: these are currently on the class teams, but will be uploaded to the school website Calside Courier this week as well. If you haven’t done yours yet, there should be plenty of time with the lighter evenings.
As we enter our second week of the current situation, you will hopefully be getting into some sort of routine. Some children may be feeling anxious or stressed, and some parents report feeling rather overloaded. We recommend focusing on both physical and emotional wellbeing and the staff have prepared an ideas sheet (attached) to help. You may be getting a bit fed up with the Joe Wicks workout (I know my muscles are): Miss MacLean also suggests Zumba Kids and Cosmic Kids on YouTube, with some garden yoga if the weather stays fair. I have been enjoying dance classes with Oti Mabuse from Strictly- also on YouTube.
It is Monday, so please find this week’s Headteacher Challenge attached: some great entrances last week which are shared on the Class Teams and some are on the school website. Remember to have fun as laughter is also good for emotional wellbeing!
Take care,
love from Mrs Gamble xx

Headteacher challenge

This wee Mrs Gamble set us the challenge to make our own video, please find attached some of the wonderful entries from our pupils. Don’t worry if you haven’t had time yet.

ben

casey

Thomas