Bringing History to Life

Today the Primary Seven class went on a trip to Ellon Library where they carried out tasks related to World War 1. This included looking at what the soldiers wore, looking up soldeirs who died during the war and finding out information by using the iPads.

The feedback from the P7s was all very positive:

Sally –  I liked using the iPads because it was something I had never done before. I also likes seeing the uniform that the soldier wore.

Sam – The iPads were weird but I liked it because it talked and you could move the aeroplane.

Logan – The iPads were really interesting. I have never done something like that before. It was good that it all comes out of the paper.

Romi – I quite liked the computers and how it could search those who died by using the British War Graves Commission website. It’s really good technology.

Maja – The 3D iPads were awesome! It’s amazing what you can do with a printed sheet and an iPad.

Eleanor – I found the soldiers clothes interesting and the helmets must have been very uncomfortable because it looked like a deep frying pan. The iPads were awesome too.

Robbie – I enjoyed all of the facts. I though it was interesting.

Fraser – It was cool.

Shanna – It was awesome, especially the iPads. I liked it because you could look at the 3D things.

Ada – I enjoyed the iPads because you see 3D things.

Callum – My favourite was the iPads as you could see 3D things out of a picture.

Cameron – My favourite part of visiting the library was when we used the iPads and looked at tanks and planes in 3D.

Mark – The library was good, I really enjoyed it.

Ericka – I think going to the library was a good idea. I liked working with the iPads

Alanna – I liked going to the library and learning about the topic. I enjoyed working on the iPads it made our topic more interesting.

Emily – The trip to the library was very good, I really enjoyed the iPads. It was cool seeing the 3d aeroplane.

Chloe – It was great. I liked the iPads the best. I liked that the tanks looked real. It was awesome.

Amber – It was so much fun. I liked the iPads best because I hadn’t seen anything like it before.

James – I enjoyed the library when we got to see all the clothes they wore.

Lucas – I enjoyed the part when we looked at the clothes that the army wore.

Jennifer – I liked the iPads best because the tanks look more real.

Marie – I liked the War Graves Commission website which gave details of how and when the soldiers die and where they were buried. I liked it because you got to find out more information about the soldier.

Brendon – I liked the iPad work because I did not expect it.

Abbie – I liked the army objects, there was a bomber jacket which was pretty cool.

One thought on “Bringing History to Life”

1. I’m delighted to hear how enthusiastic you all are about your trip to Ellon library.
    All the different areas that were set up sounded interesting and informative.
    Ms Paterson was telling me about the posters that came to life when you scanned over them with the iPad and the items such as the tank which you could see in 3D and look all around.
    Eleanor, I liked the way you described the helmets. I agree with you, they do not sound comfortable at all!
    Well done for representing the school so well.